Matthew dixon british diver

Eeob

Admired Member
Media
I think Jack said in his live the other day that they should know by the end of May. I imagine the unfortunate withdrawal of Matty Lee due to injury will be to the benefit of everyone else though. Seems pretty certain that Tom and Jack will go barring unforeseen circumstances, and likely Noah, especially now that he's synchro partners with Tom. I'm not sure where Dixon stands though, I'm sure someone else here knows more than I do.
Dixon only does 3m now, so unfortunately he's likely to miss out. Too many in front of him right now. Especially since he said on a vid that he gets zero money from TeamGB to dive. He pays for it all on his own. During covid wasn't he the national champion and still didn't get picked for tokyo 2020? Seemed like GB Diving is very political.

CosmicCocktail

Expert Member
Media
Dixon only does 3m now, so unfortunately he's likely to miss out. Too many in front of him right now. Especially since he said on a vid that he gets zero money from TeamGB to dive. He pays for it all on his own. During covid wasn't he the national champion and still didn't get picked for tokyo 2020? Seemed like GB Diving is very political.
I wondered that. I thought that might be the case

Maybe that will change how he uses OF if he’s unlikely to get a 2024 place.

Time will tell I guess

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wondered that. I thought that might be the case

Maybe that will change how he uses OF if he’s unlikely to get a 2024 place.

Time will tell I guess

Maybe, yeah. Probably also depends on his future plans too. I don't know if he plans to keep diving for the next few years or not, or if he wants to coach or pursue some kind of public life afterward. If so, its probably wise not to get fully naked. ut if he plans to retire from diving and do something else? Strike while the iron is hot, your body is still in diving shape, and people remember who you are. Make bank on onlyfans for a year or so, then buy a house and disappear, I say.

Reactions: CosmicCocktail

Hephaestion47

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's not political, there are certain competition you have to do well at to qualify and Team GB has a lot of good 3m Divers.

Eeob

Admired Member
Media
It's not political, there are certain competition you have to do well at to qualify and Team GB has a lot of good 3m Divers.
It seems political when you win the national championship in 2020 and there are no other competitive events that year period since it's the middle of covid, and they pick other people to go. He was a 10m diver in 2020. They picked Daley, Lee and Williams ahead of him. He was the only one out of the top 10m guys training somewhere other than London too btw. You are the in-form diver and they pick someone else? That's like when Southgate picks Henderson over another midfielder because he can pick who he wants and doesn't pick who deserves to be in the team. It's an English tradition to pick others apparently.

Reactions: Gojuguy and MattyC

Hephaestion47

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It seems political when you win the national championship in 2020 and there are no other competitive events that year period since it's the middle of covid, and they pick other people to go. He was a 10m diver in 2020. They picked Daley, Lee and Williams ahead of him. He was the only one out of the top 10m guys training somewhere other than London too btw. You are the in-form diver and they pick someone else? That's like when Southgate picks Henderson over another midfielder because he can pick who he wants and doesn't pick who deserves to be in the team. It's an English tradition to pick others apparently.

It's not that deep, he didn't qualify:

Diving at the 2020 Summer Olympics – Qualification - Wikipedia

Reactions: Brod and Caesarimp

Eeob

Admired Member
Media
You don't know how it works obviously. Divers qualify a quota spot for their country at events leading up to the Olympics. They don't qualify at world Champs or at world series events for themselves individually, just to give their country a spot in the olympics. The country chooses who represents them at the Olympics. That's why most countries have olympic trials or nationals to decide who goes.

Hephaestion47

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You don't know how it works obviously. Divers qualify a quota spot for their country at events leading up to the Olympics. They don't qualify at world Champs or at world series events for themselves individually, just to give their country a spot in the olympics. The country chooses who represents them at the Olympics. That's why most countries have olympic trials or nationals to decide who goes.

So you're saying Dixon, who did not win a qualifying spot for his country, should have been given one of the spots another diver won for Team GB?

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Feel like we've had this discussion before. But the purpose of that system is to help ensure that the divers with the best shot at getting medals are the ones that get to go to the Olympics rather than allowing someone to go because they happened to have one really good day, or because one of their competitors just happened to have a bad day. It makes a certain kind of sense, but one must also acknowledge that it must suck to be an athlete who earns a spot for their country and then is passed over in favor of someone else.

Eeob

Admired Member
Media
So you're saying Dixon, who did not win a qualifying spot for his country, should have been given one of the spots another diver won for Team GB?
Since he won the national championship before the Olympics and was the best in-form diver, yes... He should have been picked to go. Instead they chose a guy that was coming back from injury and hadn't competed that year at all. Seems like a smart non-political decision. Probably the same way Noah Williams is going to get screwed about the spot he deserves this time but since Lee and Daley are the pair team GB want, it won't matter that Lee is coming back from injury and Noah is diving great and paired well with Daley and medaled at Worlds. They'll just chose Lee over Noah. Same way they did Dixon last time.

Hephaestion47

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since he won the national championship before the Olympics and was the best in-form diver, yes... He should have been picked to go. Instead they chose a guy that was coming back from injury and hadn't competed that year at all. Seems like a smart non-political decision.
They chose the guy that won the spot for team GB, the national championship was not a qualifying event.

You keep saying "political" and clearly don't know what the word means. I'm done going back and forth on this.

Caesarimp

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since he won the national championship before the Olympics and was the best in-form diver, yes... He should have been picked to go. Instead they chose a guy that was coming back from injury and hadn't competed that year at all. Seems like a smart non-political decision. Probably the same way Noah Williams is going to get screwed about the spot he deserves this time but since Lee and Daley are the pair team GB want, it won't matter that Lee is coming back from injury and Noah is diving great and paired well with Daley and medaled at Worlds. They'll just chose Lee over Noah. Same way they did Dixon last time.

Lee is out of contention because of his surgery. He won’t be recovered in time.

Eeob

Admired Member
Media
Not according to Noah's latest post, there he said he doesn't k ow if he'll get picked because Lee had surgery with a 8week recovery time over a month ago. So he should be plenty healed by the Olympics. And he thinks they'll pick Lee over him.
Matty Lee had surgery over a month ago with an 8 week recovery according to Noah... said it in his latest vid. So he's not out of the Olympics yet. As a matter of fact, even though Noah medaled with Daley a couple weeks ago at a world champ, he said on a video that they'll probably still pick Lee over him to dive with Daley.

dcboys08

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not according to Noah's latest post, there he said he doesn't k ow if he'll get picked because Lee had surgery with a 8week recovery time over a month ago. So he should be plenty healed by the Olympics. And he thinks they'll pick Lee over him.

Matty Lee had surgery over a month ago with an 8 week recovery according to Noah... said it in his latest vid. So he's not out of the Olympics yet. As a matter of fact, even though Noah medaled with Daley a couple weeks ago at a world champ, he said on a video that they'll probably still pick Lee over him to dive with Daley.
Matty Lee said he will not be going to the Olympics unless he is coaching or as a announcer

jimmyt

Legendary Member
Media
What's this latest PPV where h jumps on the bed?

Did anyone manage to get hold of that live vid he did where he lifted his brief and his dick flopped out?

Reactions: lonestar121

Ross A

Superior Member
Media
City of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What's this latest PPV where h jumps on the bed?

Did anyone manage to get hold of that live vid he did where he lifted his brief and his dick flopped out?
His dick flopped out? Damn I’d love to see that.

Joe Landon

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was on a livestream when he lay back on his bed. His underwear lifted up sightly, flashing his dick. Unfortunately he must have realised and took the video down before I had a chance to screenshot or save it! So I'd be surprised if anyone did have it now, though I would also love to see it...
Such a shame, did you get a good look or was it a fleeting glimpse?