Matt lanter from timeless show omg!!

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i mean if his wife is one of those mommy bloggers, they're absolutely making bank. companies throw a fuckton of money at those women to sponsor their products. she probably makes more money as a mom than he does as an actor. which might be why he's not bothered to live somewhere super close to the industry or be in lots of projects and become a big name in hollywood, he can just be a dad with acting as a side gig

You are absolutely right. I forgot those mommy bloggers make a shit load of money doing that. I think they had an Amazon deal at one point or a channel.

So he doesn’t really need to be actively looking for work in Hollywood if his wife is making bank doing her thing. Attending these fan conventions can suffice, along with some small movie/TV show appearances. These fan conventions can also be good money earners. Also a chance to get laid as well :)

paintact

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I wouldn't say his wife is that big in the 'mommy blogger' scene though (and it's more 'lifestyle/beauty blogger'). I'm sure she makes some nice chunk change, but she's not a big player compared to many others. My guess is their very privileged lifestyle is still being paid for mostly by his earnings. Particularly from the past. And now he's doing tons of conventions for the past few years.

And not working could be the whole 'wanting to be home/be a dad' thing...but it could also be that the industry has sort of moved on from him to the next generation of pretty faces (as they always do). There was a period there where clearly there was interest in getting him to lead various projects, but they never lasted. He tends to do things that get cancelled quickly (even that big budget superhero show). And maybe he is auditioning a lot, but just not landing roles.

It's a real bummer though. He's decent enough and still looks great. Don't know why some show hasn't grabbed him up. Always thought he'd be perfect for one of those cop/CSI/military type procedural dramas. That seems right up his alley.

singitback

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wouldn't say his wife is that big in the 'mommy blogger' scene though (and it's more 'lifestyle/beauty blogger'). I'm sure she makes some nice chunk change, but she's not a big player compared to many others. My guess is their very privileged lifestyle is still being paid for mostly by his earnings. Particularly from the past. And now he's doing tons of conventions for the past few years.

And not working could be the whole 'wanting to be home/be a dad' thing...but it could also be that the industry has sort of moved on from him to the next generation of pretty faces (as they always do). There was a period there where clearly there was interest in getting him to lead various projects, but they never lasted. He tends to do things that get cancelled quickly (even that big budget superhero show). And maybe he is auditioning a lot, but just not landing roles.

It's a real bummer though. He's decent enough and still looks great. Don't know why some show hasn't grabbed him up. Always thought he'd be perfect for one of those cop/CSI/military type procedural dramas. That seems right up his alley.

Good points. I didn't know if she was a big player in the field. It's hard to get a dedicated audience due to others trying to do the same thing. If it's not from the "mommy blogger" stuff. It's definitely his past success. In particular that Star Wars cartoon he was on. It's still airing on Disney Plus, which means residual income.

I'm thinking the move to doing all those conventions also helps to provide additional income. Those conventions can be quite profitable, especially Star Wars focused ones.

I do hope to see him do more TV/movie projects. But as you mention. The next generation is getting the focus now and so tons of new pretty faces. If he had more successful TV projects, he probably would still be getting more work.

Medjon

Loved Member
Media
I think on their now defunct podcast Matt and his bride said they left LA partially because most of their family is in the South or Midwest. California is also hellishly expensive and they hated the traffic. Matt can work pretty much anywhere as a voice actor.

paintact

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think on their now defunct podcast Matt and his bride said they left LA partially because most of their family is in the South or Midwest. California is also hellishly expensive and they hated the traffic.

He was making very good money, and living in a very nice house in LA (not all that different than the one he currently has in Nashville). If he had kept working regularly on camera, he probably would have still been able to live quite nicely. And there's more suburban, rural areas to spread out to outside the city.
Yes, CA is expensive, but now they live in the ritzy, upscale area of Nashville where a lot of other celebs live.

According to them, it was mainly about wanting to raise their daughter in a place like the more rural upbringing they both had where she could run around, they could have more room, be close to family, etc. And supposedly not have to have her deal with what other celebrity children have to deal with in LA. The irony about that is they have her all over their social media accounts, the wife runs a 'lifestyle' blog/brand that puts their whole family business out there for consumption, etc., etc.

And they kept saying that they always intended (and supposedly still do) to have a place in LA too, had he booked a project that had him work regularly there (which sadly hasn't happened).
And now they're doing a total upscale remodel of an old house in Ohio to have as another residence.

Matt can work pretty much anywhere as a voice actor.

Sure, but some of us would love to see him back on camera - regularly - where he really belongs.
His real assests are wasted on voice work. ;)

Reactions: Medjon
D

deleted19470801

Have y’all seen daddy’s newest pics? He’s got more muscler and hot

Reactions: Medjon

Mitchallstar

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dir
As a professional baiter I can tell you that means nothing, especially when they are super horny and have certain kinks or freaky desires that they fantasize about. They basically think more with their dick head than their brain. Couldn't tell how many happily married men I have seen get caught up into sexting, etc with strangers.

As the saying goes.."men are dogs" lol.
Direct message me? :)