Lucas (k-pop Star: Wayv, Nct, Superm)

Joothness

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Didn’t seem like there was an issue with him being chinese until the accusations started
are we talking about the same companny?? theres obviously different treatment to all chinese artist from SM, lack of promotion, poor security, issues with their pasports and stuff, I mean WAYV wasn't even properly introduced as part of NCT till almost the end of 2020, also, theres a reason why half of EXO chinese line left and sued SM! they were misstretead and weren't pay equally all the time! you got also Jessica's case, Victoria, SUJU china line and the poorly promotion individually of Renjun, Chenle and Ningning. So yeah, I do believe thats also part of the problem why SM did nothing about it

cxx444

Loved Member
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yeah, Lucas' chinese fans dropped him like a hot potato. And koreans too. The only ones that still care about him are the international fans, but I don't think that's enough to sustain a idol/celebrity career.
The only exposure we’ve gotten from Lucas since his scandal has been from his Instagram, where his 3 posts have gotten 3.4 million likes, 3.5 million likes, and 4.4 million likes. That is A LOT of international people showing him some form of interest / support, and more likes than any other NCT member has ever gotten on the platform. Even with a small amount of Chinese and Korean fans, he’s still immensely popular and at the very least could be a model when he decides to return to public eye. That’s what he intended to do from the beginning anyway when he audition for SM, so it’s not a long shot.

It was quite obvious from the get go that WayV would have their next comeback without him, but it’s still not definitive proof that he’s out of the group forever or will be sidelined by SM forever. Furthermore, the leaked recent photo of Lucas with Kai is proof he at least still has friends in the industry / company and even Taeil followed him on Instagram just a few weeks ago. His personal Spotify page recently got verified for the first time and the main Spotify page on Instagram just followed his account last week. A production company in Singapore also just followed him.

I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if they bring him back next year in some form or even let him participate in an NCT 2023 event (for 23 members).

zuma54

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, if he can have a career far far away from WayV and NCT then good for him! I just don't want him making things hard for all the other members. If he originally wanted to be a model then he should aim for that.

Sanny88

Superior Member
Media
and nearly 2 years later, they officially kicked him out.

Seems they will do solo activities now, but honestly that company doesnt have good track record with that.

• Wow
Reactions: comportado