Has anyone has surgery on a spermatocele cyst?

duke-

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Anyone who has operated or lived with a spermatocele?

About a year ago, I (I´m 45) was diagnosed with a spermatocele cyst on the right testicle about the size of a pebble/thumbnail.

I think I'm being bothered more than I want by this, this feeling of heavyness in everyday life and when the sack tightens during climax it also a bit uncomfortable. I am considering applying to have it operated or drained/punctured.

A little discouraging is the swelling that you seem to experience a couple of weeks (at least after surgery) after the procedure.

Braunlow

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Anyone who has operated or lived with a spermatocele?

About a year ago, I (I´m 45) was diagnosed with a spermatocele cyst on the right testicle about the size of a pebble/thumbnail.

I think I'm being bothered more than I want by this, this feeling of heavyness in everyday life and when the sack tightens during climax it also a bit uncomfortable. I am considering applying to have it operated or drained/punctured.

A little discouraging is the swelling that you seem to experience a couple of weeks (at least after surgery) after the procedure.

I have not had the surgery, but I have spermatoceles on my left testicle that bothered me tremendously with pain and tenderness on occasion. I went to the urologist to discuss possibilities for relief. He stated that draining the cyst is not efficient, since there is an excellent chance that fluid would just return. When I asked about surgery, he said that there is no guarantee that the cyst would not return. I chose spermatic cord denervation in which the spermatic nerve which carries pain to the testicle was cut. I have been pain free since. In your case, I would consult with the urologist to see what he/she recommends. If you do go through with the surgery and you get relief, that will be so much better for you than the slight pain and swelling that will accompany the surgery. Look at it long term. Good luck.

Reactions: frutiger

duke-

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thanks for your reply @Braunlow , some follow up questions:

1) How old are you? How long did you have the cyst before surgery
2) How big/small was your cyst aproximately?A grape, almond or what would you compare it to?
3)The surgery was performed under local anestestia?

Braunlow

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Thanks for your reply @Braunlow , some follow up questions:

1) How old are you? How long did you have the cyst before surgery
2) How big/small was your cyst aproximately?A grape, almond or what would you compare it to?
3)The surgery was performed under local anestestia?
I am 62. I don't know how long I have had the cysts, but they have been bothering me for about 8 yrs.

I have two cysts. They are small ( smaller than a pea), but very noticeable when the dr. examines them.

The surgery was performed under general anesthesia and took about one hour.
I was not given any pain medication afterwards, but told to use Tylenol. the incision really didn't hurt. The stitches dissolved in about a week and a half and I am now pain free.

Once again, I suggest you discuss all options with the urologist and do some reading on the effectiveness of each option. Good luck.

Reactions: duke-

Braunlow

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I did have a lidocaine shot on Sat, but it was to deal with a little referred pain to finish the healing process. No pain in the testicle, but some around it. I was told it would not reoccur.

Reactions: duke-

Blade-Blanco

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, I had the surgery. One day my wife noticed a swollen right testicle. It gradually got bigger. Then it started to put pressure of my left testicle, pain increased, and spread. Basically my doctor said live with it or surgery. It was 2.5 x 1.5 inches once removed. My right testicle looked like a lacrosse ball. They put me out. I woke up with a shit ton of gauze and basically an ill fitting jock strap. I'm a big guy so the jock didn't fit well. Long term it was wearing compression shorts with a jock strap. Frequent icing. Limited activity. Do yourself a favor and don't watch the surgery on YouTube! The stitches are irritating as shit..... Until they popped. I probably would order my own jock strap before the surgery, or a number of them. It hasn't come back. I think honestly the start is when my wife tugged on my ball too hard and I felt a sharp pain.

I am also done having children. That was her first question.

Reactions: Beardon

Braunlow

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Okay, I had the surgery. One day my wife noticed a swollen right testicle. It gradually got bigger. Then it started to put pressure of my left testicle, pain increased, and spread. Basically my doctor said live with it or surgery. It was 2.5 x 1.5 inches once removed. My right testicle looked like a lacrosse ball. They put me out. I woke up with a shit ton of gauze and basically an ill fitting jock strap. I'm a big guy so the jock didn't fit well. Long term it was wearing compression shorts with a jock strap. Frequent icing. Limited activity. Do yourself a favor and don't watch the surgery on YouTube! The stitches are irritating as shit..... Until they popped. I probably would order my own jock strap before the surgery, or a number of them. It hasn't come back. I think honestly the start is when my wife tugged on my ball too hard and I felt a sharp pain.

I am also done having children. That was her first question.
Good health to you.