Frenulum journey (doctor-performed procedure, followed by a DIY clamp/cut)

nagchampa

Experimental Member
Media
Hey everyone

Wanted to share my experience with my frenulum and procedures on it that I’ve done so far.

I could always pull back my foreskin as long as I can remember (not sure if it was forcibly retracted early on, which allowed me to do it myself as a kid). However when pulling it back all the way, I noticed that there was a point at which the frenulum wasn‘t retracting as much as the rest of the skin, which caused the glans to get pulled down. I think this also resulted in the glans having less of a flared shape. After realizing this part of the problem, I had a frenulum procedure done by a doctor to lengthen it. I feel like that loosened it somewhat, but after healing, the sutures caused the cut area to become thickened/inelastic, which kind of resulted in the same problem as before.

With it being slightly looser, I also noticed that the tip of the foreskin had some scarring on it, which I think also had something to do with the feeling of tightness (even though it could retract pretty far — I’m guessing maybe this might be some scarring from being retracted by a doctor or something as an uncut kid in an area of the US where everyone else is cut). I went and saw a doctor again, asked around a bit, with most of the doctors now recommending circumcision along with some more work on the frenulum.

I had read about some people loosening their own frenulums via tying or clamp/cut techniques, and for the clamp/cut technique, I had all the tools I needed as it so happened (prescription lidocaine jelly, blunt medical scissors, hemostats, alcohol, antibacterial ointment, and gauze/bandages). I did a clamp/cut myself yesterday, and it was actually super easy, relatively painless, and so far has been a much better healing than the procedure I had with a doctor.

Basically I sterilized the instruments, cleaned the area, then put some lidocaine jelly for about 10 minutes before testing if I felt it. Then I washed off the jelly, cleaned the area with alcohol, and applied a curved hemostat for 15 minutes. I used the flashlight on my phone to transilluminate it and make sure I wasn’t clamping or cutting the frenular artery (which was easy to see), so that it wouldn’t bleed a lot. After 15 minutes, I removed the hemostat, then carefully followed the crush line with my blunt scissors. There was just a little bleeding that I dabbed up with a gauze sponge, and I noticed a small area that had become a skin tag (which used to be the too-tight spot where the frenulum had scarred from the sutures previously). I clamped that spot with the hemostat for another 10 minutes, then cut that as well, and then put on a gauze pad with ointment on it and wrapped it up tightly with a bandage. No sutures, and only a small amount of tissue actually was removed, about the size of the tip of a marker).

So far, it’s healed surprisingly well! It bled a small amount every so often over the following 12 hours, but hasn’t bled after that. I think most of the bleeding came overnight when I got boners. It’s been about 24 hours now, and there’s no swelling or bleeding, and I can already see that the skin is a *lot* looser now.

By no means am I telling anyone to go ahead and do this, I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone wanted some information, and also if anyone has been through something like this, I’d love to hear your thoughts/input! I may give updates as it keeps healing, but so far, the incision line is perfectly straight and looks completely sealed. Not sure yet if this will avoid/influence getting further work on the frenulum or a circ done by a doctor, but I’m honestly blown away at how well it’s gone so far (fingers crossed).

bigguy19161

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think you are quite brave to attempt the correction on your own. I have known men through the years who have done "modifications" to their genitals, however, in your case, it appears that you could have diminished your sensitivity and pleasure or done damage to the area. That said, it sounds like you took all precautions to prepare and sterilize and that the healing is going well. I can only wish you the best and hope that your efforts have achieved success. Happy holidays. Stay safe. Cheers mate!​

nagchampa

Experimental Member
Media
I think you are quite brave to attempt the correction on your own. I have known men through the years who have done "modifications" to their genitals, however, in your case, it appears that you could have diminished your sensitivity and pleasure or done damage to the area. That said, it sounds like you took all precautions to prepare and sterilize and that the healing is going well. I can only wish you the best and hope that your efforts have achieved success. Happy holidays. Stay safe. Cheers mate!​
I did consider the risk of diminished sensitivity… before doing the clamp/cut I had noticed that I had good sensitivity at the base of the glans near the frenulum and further down the frenulum around where the inner and outer foreskin meet, but little sensitivity in the tight area that was causing the constriction, so I made sure to only cut in the area that was causing the issue and didn’t have much sensitivity anyhow.

I should also mention that I thought about this for months before actually doing it, so I had plenty of time to look and see where the frenular artery was so I could avoid it, and also seeing how much sensitivity was in various spots!

As I’ve been reapplying bacitracin ointment every few hours I’ve noticed that the sensitivity still feels the same in those spots. But yeah I knew there was a slight chance that I may have risked some sensitivity but I think it was worth it to loosen the constriction!

Jagtstein

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No sensation is lost when the frenulum is removed. The area around the frenulum is more sensitive than the frenulum itself. I can say this from my own experience as a masturbant. Because I removed my frenulum myself a long time ago. With the frenulum present, the meatotomy cannot be cut straight.

Attachments

nagchampa

Experimental Member
Media
No sensation is lost when the frenulum is removed. The area around the frenulum is more sensitive than the frenulum itself. I can say this from my own experience as a masturbant. Because I removed my frenulum myself a long time ago. With the frenulum present, the meatotomy cannot be cut straight.
I’d say I agree on the no loss of sensitivity. I’m now a few weeks healed and if anything I feel like I am having even better orgasms than before! The base of the glans where the frenulum used to attach is just as responsive as it used to be.

I do still have some area of the frenulum further down which is still too tight, so I may repeat the procedure again. Nothing like a meatotomy for me, just to loosen it even more. Since my skin can pull back most of the way to the base on the side opposite the frenulum, I’d love to see what it’s like to experience being able to slide it back and forth completely unimpeded!

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I’d say I agree on the no loss of sensitivity. I’m now a few weeks healed and if anything I feel like I am having even better orgasms than before! The base of the glans where the frenulum used to attach is just as responsive as it used to be.

I do still have some area of the frenulum further down which is still too tight, so I may repeat the procedure again. Nothing like a meatotomy for me, just to loosen it even more. Since my skin can pull back most of the way to the base on the side opposite the frenulum, I’d love to see what it’s like to experience being able to slide it back and forth completely unimpeded!
How has your healing gone?

FREND

Just Browsing
Media
Всем привет , я хочу удалить уздечку методом перевязывания но не знаю как это зделать так как у меня уздечка толщиной в2,5 см и а к урологу не хочу идти очень дорого