Erection: Degree Of Automatic Foreskin Retraction...

During erection my foreskin retracts...

• ...completely on its own

Votes: 57 28.2%
  • ...partially on its own

Votes: 69 34.2%
  • ...only manually

Votes: 76 37.6%

• Total voters

Antas

Expert Member
Media
European district (Brussels Capital, Belgium)
Sexuality
No Response
With the erection, the foreskin must retract on its own to expose the glans: myth or truth?

In my opinion it is not entirely true: "during erection, the degree of automatic foreskin retraction varies considerably; in some adults, the foreskin remains covering all or some of the glans until retracted manually or by sexual activity"

S

SirConcis

Until the anti circ movement, just about all documentation that covered the uncircumcised penis (especially from europe) mentioned automatic coplete retraction during erection. And much of the documentation mentioned partial coverage when flaccid or adults in 20 to 40% of poppulation. I remember reading that about 20% permanently leave foreskin retracted.

These statistics were beleivable for me because I grew up at a time where those with long foreskin were likely cut before entering puberty, hence why I felt alone with long foreskin.

But since the anti circ movement, especiually those that convicne parents to not reract and wash, long foreksins are now the norm and not that many self retract during erection.

Flotiz

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Until the anti circ movement, just about all documentation that covered the uncircumcised penis (especially from europe) mentioned automatic coplete retraction during erection. And much of the documentation mentioned partial coverage when flaccid or adults in 20 to 40% of poppulation. I remember reading that about 20% permanently leave foreskin retracted.

I think it is beautiful that, when the penis is flaccid, part of the glans is visible. Probably, various adults have this characteristic. Aesthetically speaking, I prefer penises with a naturally short foreskin that always leaves the glans partially exposed. Returning and reconnecting to your comment, we must remember that, not surprisingly, the word that the Latins used to identify this part of the penis is "glandis" which translated means "acorn". In fact, which is the shape of the acorn ? It really looks like a glans that has only the top covered.

Reactions: camchain

DarkOverlord

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
IMG_20210208_191511.jpg

Mine is only ever partially covered so slips back if I get the slightest chub on. I always wanted to have more coverage tbh but we each get the cock we are given eh.

Hawks12345

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Flotiz

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
View attachment 30170521
Mine is only ever partially covered so slips back if I get the slightest chub on. I always wanted to have more coverage tbh but we each get the cock we are given eh.

Instead I think you are lucky. In every sense, including penis size. I would have preferred to be in your own "situation" and therefore have a naturally short foreskin so that the glans was always partially exposed. Aesthetically speaking, I hate too long foreskins...

DarkOverlord

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Instead I think you are lucky. In every sense, including penis size. I would have preferred to be in your own "situation" and therefore have a naturally short foreskin so that the glans was always partially exposed. Aesthetically speaking, I hate too long foreskins...
I personally prefer more skin to play with on my partner. Love to run my tongue inside it as a guy gets hard. Watch it roll back and reveal his glans.
But thank you for saying that @Flotiz, this site and comments like yours have helped me appreciate my dick as it is for sure.

hokejka19

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mine starts to retract when I am semi and then rolls right back when hard
That's exactly the same story se with my foreskin. This automatic roller is surprising girls/ladies (female sounds not so sexy to me) and enjoy it a lot. As I am grower with bigger glans (since puberty my nick is strawberry, I have no problem with that) I think the huge change of volume start automatic rolling....

PhallicApotheosis

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting I haven’t seen anyone else talk about this before, but mine is exactly like that. Even at my smallest you can see down to my urethra and the default resting position of my skin is about two thirds hooded with tip exposed and just beginning to grow causes what I have termed autoretraction. I have a whole album dedicated to this dynamic and intriguing phenomenon. [album=medium]366301[/album]

Hawks12345

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Interesting I haven’t seen anyone else talk about this before, but mine is exactly like that. Even at my smallest you can see down to my urethra and the default resting position of my skin is about two thirds hooded with tip exposed and just beginning to grow causes what I have termed autoretraction. I have a whole album dedicated to this dynamic and intriguing phenomenon. [album=medium]366301[/album]
Simply stunning and impressive mate

Tylet

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From completely covering the glans 'at rest' my foreskin automatically retracts over and behind the corona ridge as I become aroused/erect.
Despite how many 100/1,000 times I've seen it happen I still find it fascination to watch, as from their comments have all my partners who've seen, or caused it to, happen.
There is an exciting sensation as it slips up and over the ridge to join the shaft behind.
The exposed 'inside-out' foreskin is very sensitive
Although the skin of the shaft is fully stretched by the erection the added foreskin can be pulled, either manually or by fucking, back over the ridge, or be pulled further back.
Relaxed Foreskin posting_1.jpg
Retracted foreskin.jpg

Flotiz

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
That's exactly the same story se with my foreskin. This automatic roller is surprising girls/ladies (female sounds not so sexy to me) and enjoy it a lot.

Interesting I haven’t seen anyone else talk about this before, but mine is exactly like that. Even at my smallest you can see down to my urethra and the default resting position of my skin is about two thirds hooded with tip exposed and just beginning to grow causes what I have termed autoretraction.

From completely covering the glans 'at rest' my foreskin automatically retracts over and behind the corona ridge as I become aroused/erect.
Despite how many 100/1,000 times I've seen it happen I still find it fascination to watch, as from their comments have all my partners who've seen, or caused it to, happen.

This is a very interesting topic because it demonstrates how variable the functioning of the same part of the body is among men. According to what medicine teaches us (and multiple studies on the subject), usually in an uncircumcised penis during erection occurs automatic retraction of the foreskin. Obviously we are talking about the penis of an adult or at least after puberty. One might wonder why. Basically because with the erection the size of the penis increases, without there being a proportional increase in the skin that covers the glans, which therefore tends to retract (also thanks to the traction exerted by the frenulum). However, this involves three questions that allow to complete my reasoning.

1) Should the entire foreskin be retracted automatically (in order to have the glans fully exposed) once the erection is complete?
2) Since the adverb "usually" was used, does this mean that there are cases in which this does not happen?
3) If this does not happen, is it a symptom of some medical problem relating to the penis?

1) There is no fixed rule. When we talk about retraction of the skin with an erection, we often refer to a complete retraction, as well as to the exposure of the whole glans. However, some men (perhaps the majority, but I'll come back to this later) may have only a partial retraction.

2) Exactly. Perhaps only, in exaggeration, half of men always have a complete retraction of the foreskin following an erection. In most cases, either this does not happen in every erection or it always happens but only partially. Even an inexistent retraction of the foreskin with erection is also infrequent. It should also not be forgotten that if an erection develops when wearing underwears, they will inevitably favor some skin retraction (as opposed to when you have an erection with the penis "free" from various constrictions).

3) Not necessarily. I state that the important thing is not to have phimosis: it is essential to be able to retract the foreskin at any time and uncover the glans (for hygienic reasons and sex). Still with reference to the erection, however, it is not decisive that it should be done manually or not. So you do not have to worry, except in the cases described above, if you need the hand or if the foreskin does not retract by itself. The anatomy of the penis should also be mentioned. In fact, there are guys who, while being able to completely lower the skin without problems, have a foreskin that is not very elastic or too long and consequently never have an automatic exposure of the glans during an erection.

I conclude by highlighting again how influential the length (and the related elasticity) of the foreskin is. In fact, those who already have a short foreskin in the flaccid state will always have a complete retraction of the same with the erection.

Reactions: camchain