Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Regardless, from the info provided on IMDb these were the options:

Spencer Barnes ... stunt performer
Tricia Guarin ... stunt double: maia reficco
Brandon McClary ... stunt double: Creeper

Dillon Egyes ... body double: Bailee Madison / stand-in: Bailee Madison / stand-in: Candi Boyd / stand-in: Elena Goode / stand-in: Gabriella Pizzollo / stand-in: Mallory Bechtel
Jonathan Wieber ... Stand In: Alex Aiono / Stand In: Ben Cook / Stand In: Jordan Gonzalez

Just a shot in the dark, really.

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This interview might be of interest to everyone, particularly about the 1:03 mark: Meet Pretty Little Liars star Elias Kacavas

Apparently he had a butt double for PLL. It's kind of weird given he had so much nudity in Euphoria (which he seems to confirm in the video was indeed legit), but I guess he felt like he had enough sway to not need to do it. I'm not surprised though honestly, I always felt it looked a little different than his body in Euphoria.

Thanks for this. I knew I wasn't going crazy lol. I thought the body looked a bit different from Euphoria. Still an amazing ass on the body double guy.

To be honest. A lot of male actors are not really comfortable with nudity. They do it starting out, but if they can will quickly get out of doing it. Why? Who knows, especially since acting is art. Of course some have no problem with it. Some even have no nudity clauses in their deals. Not usually the same for female stars since it's expected or they are viewed as "difficult", but there is male privilege when it comes to nudity.

maxxxs

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not usually the same for female stars since it's expected or they are viewed as "difficult", but there is male privilege when it comes to nudity.
This is literally the opposite of true. Look up any list of stars who have no nudity clauses and or won't do nude scenes, the majority are women: e.g. 1, e.g. 2, e.g. 3. Even actresses who've built careers on looks and sex appeal like Megan Fox have never actually done nudity - I'd be willing to bet almost all of her male co-stars through the years have.

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Imma say this, which may be quite controversial. In my humble opinion, nudity is 99.9999999999% gratuitous. I'm not saying it cannot serve a purpose, but for the most part, it's unnecessary. Now, am I against it being gratuitous, FUCK NO.

This is why I don't understand the concept of a butt double. If an actor doesn't want to do a nude scene, that is completely fine. However, if they don't wanna do it, then it should be dropped. You can imply nudity or something like that, but the explicit nudity doesn't need to be seen. If anything, I dislike an actor using a double rather than just not going naked.

As much as I'm dying to not only know who the double is, but also if they too are an actor and have gone nude anywhere else, let's just focus on Elias' real ass.

Attachments

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This is literally the opposite of true. Look up any list of stars who have no nudity clauses and or won't do nude scenes, the majority are women: e.g. 1, e.g. 2, e.g. 3. Even actresses who've built careers on looks and sex appeal like Megan Fox have never actually done nudity - I'd be willing to bet almost all of her male co-stars through the years have.

You didn't understand my comment. True, more likely females have nudity clauses and that is a reason for that. The expectation is for them to go nude if possible. It has changed a lot since #metoo and the rise of "intimacy coordinators".

Do you think a young woman, at a similar point in their career as Elias will demand for a butt double? Sure some will, but a young female actress will think twice before making that type of demand, especially at the start of their career. To be clear at the same level as Elias is now. That's my point.

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Imma say this, which may be quite controversial. In my humble opinion, nudity is 99.9999999999% gratuitous. I'm not saying it cannot serve a purpose, but for the most part, it's unnecessary. Now, am I against it being gratuitous, FUCK NO.

This is why I don't understand the concept of a butt double. If an actor doesn't want to do a nude scene, that is completely fine. However, if they don't wanna do it, then it should be dropped. You can imply nudity or something like that, but the explicit nudity doesn't need to be seen. If anything, I dislike an actor using a double rather than just not going naked.

As much as I'm dying to not only know who the double is, but also if they too are an actor and have gone nude anywhere else, let's just focus on Elias' real ass.

This is actually a very good point. I would prefer no nudity than just having a butt double at all. It makes no sense.

maxxxs

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You didn't understand my comment. True, more likely females have nudity clauses and that is a reason for that. The expectation is for them to go nude if possible. It has changed a lot since #metoo and the rise of "intimacy coordinators".

Do you think a young woman, at a similar point in their career as Elias will demand for a butt double? Sure some will, but a young female actress will think twice before making that type of demand, especially at the start of their career. To be clear at the same level as Elias is now. That's my point.
A young actress at a similar stage in their career as Elias likely wouldn't have to because young actresses aren't doing nude scenes like that at the same rate, and it has little to do with #metoo either. Most of the people in those lists have had careers years before that happened, and it didn't affect their trajectory. As I said at the end of my comment, if you were to compare the amount of mainstream actors and actresses who've done nude scenes early in their careers or period, there's probably actually more male actors in that list than female. I know a lot of people will probably scoff at that but if you actually took some time to gauge it, you'd likely be surprised. Male nudity is often used comedically so through the lens of double standards it "doesn't count" or "it's not the same" because it's not sexualised or objectifying or whatever, but the end result is still a naked dude on the screen.

Agreed and agreed. There are so many ways it can be implied without showing anything, like basically any sex or post sex scene on a network television show, and if we're honest as you say, its more than likely just nudity for nudity's sake. I'd also rather they just nixed it altogether than faking it.

Reactions: WDVINCO

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
A young actress at a similar stage in their career as Elias likely wouldn't have to because young actresses aren't doing nude scenes like that at the same rate, and it has little to do with #metoo either. Most of the people in those lists have had careers years before that happened, and it didn't affect their trajectory. As I said at the end of my comment, if you were to compare the amount of mainstream actors and actresses who've done nude scenes early in their careers or period, there's probably actually more male actors in that list than female. I know a lot of people will probably scoff at that but if you actually took some time to gauge it, you'd likely be surprised. Male nudity is often used comedically so through the lens of double standards it "doesn't count" or "it's not the same" because it's not sexualised or objectifying or whatever, but the end result is still a naked dude on the screen.
I'm not following at all. But I'm done with the topic. So I will leave it at that. We will agree to disagree on this topic and move on.

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Highly doubt it. Speculate all you want but if he did it before, he would do it again. Same network/streamer.
he literally confirmed it was a double, but Euphoria he did his own nude scenes.

What we are saying is that since he's now a series regular, he needs to show his own butt.

Kizzo2002

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
he literally confirmed it was a double, but Euphoria he did his own nude scenes.

What we are saying is that since he's now a series regular, he needs to show his own butt.
From the video he says he did nudity in Euphoria, but he is now "moving up and moving on". I think it's interesting he asked for a body double, but maybe he's just not comfortable with nudity.

We shall see. Maybe he surprises us.

WDVINCO

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From the video he says he did nudity in Euphoria, but he is now "moving up and moving on". I think it's interesting he asked for a body double, but maybe he's just not comfortable with nudity.

We shall see. Maybe he surprises us.
Idk y he used a double but we’ll see what happens.

If he does get nude in PLL, let’s just assume it’s him until he says so. We can compare butts if we must. I do know his is quite hairy