Not sure of what or who believe

This is potentially the most deadliest disease to have ever existed

How does everyone feel about this x

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Calm down. If you look at the facts it's no more deadly than the flu that goes around every year. Having said that we have taken a few extra precautions just in case. Got some extra food in case we need to stay in..bought extra hand sanitizer and extra lysol spray and wipes. Just do the things you would do to prevent flu. This is not the deadliest disease ever either. Look up the black plague from the middle ages.

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I haven't seen a thread like this anywhere

So I was unsure where to place it

It's causing havoc and mayhem everywhere :(

People are panic buying everything

There's soo many different reports and opinions and advice

Not sure of what or who believe

This is potentially the most deadliest disease to have ever existed

How does everyone feel about this x
Here it's toilet paper, rice and pasta.........It's madness on the verge of psychosis. It started as a hoax in Japan and has spread like a virus itself faster than Corvid. We now have our toilet paper factories working 24/7 to keep up with the madness....stupidity.

Goes to show social media is more toxic than reality...............reminds me of the old movie I saw at the cinemas when I was a teenager..."It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World"...or "The Big W" as it was originally.

No cure or vaccine is invented as yet for madness or stupidity though.

Started out as a hoax in Japan because they thought their toilet paper was manufactured in China.............Like here, they manufacture their own...but does this stop the grip of fear and greed on human stupidity...........no.

Japan store shelves stripped of toilet paper amid coronavirus fears

Flo179

Superior Member
Media
Here it's toilet paper, rice and pasta.........It's madness on the verge of psychosis. It started as a hoax in Japan and has spread like a virus itself faster than Corvid. We now have our toilet paper factories working 24/7 to keep up with the madness....stupidity.

Goes to show social media is more toxic than reality...............reminds me of the old movie I saw at the cinemas when I was a teenager..."It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World"...or "The Big W" as it was originally.

No cure or vaccine is invented as yet for madness or stupidity though.

Started out as a hoax in Japan because they thought their toilet paper was manufactured in China.............Like here, they manufacture their own...but does this stop the grip of fear and greed on human stupidity...........no.

Japan store shelves stripped of toilet paper amid coronavirus fears
I just saw this in Australia

Coronavirus panic as women filmed brawling over last toilet roll in supermarket

This is crazy x

Reactions: deleted15807

Flo179

Superior Member
Media
Thank you to everyone's reply so far

I appreciate it X

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's getting freaked by everything

The reaction itself is causing more panic than the disease itself :(

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

A guy was tasered by police yesterday........one has to think...what the hell, over toilet paper which is manufactured in the hundreds of thousands of rolls every day here?

If the hoax has just started there.........buy some or extra and give to the elderly or infirmed....because they are the ones who suffer most from this exhibition of human absence of intellect and selfishness.

Because factories here have stepped up production it will be a week or so before the market becomes flooded. But if anyone needs clear indication of how weak, feeble minded and easily led some humans are by hoax and rumour. Observe.

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterWiggle

Flo179

Superior Member
Media
Calm down. If you look at the facts it's no more deadly than the flu that goes around every year. Having said that we have taken a few extra precautions just in case. Got some extra food in case we need to stay in..bought extra hand sanitizer and extra lysol spray and wipes. Just do the things you would do to prevent flu. This is not the deadliest disease ever either. Look up the black plague from the middle ages.
Thank you I do really appreciate it X

Thank you xx

Reactions: swingfun

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here there hasn't been any big run yet. We went to sams club thursday and they had a brand new pallet of hand sanitizer that had maybe the top part gone. These were the super size bottles. Bought a couple. Toilet paper was in good supply. I'm not saying its not something to pay attention to but good grief people take a breath and get all the facts. Get a flu shot if you haven't yet and don't get into big crowds.

Flo179

Superior Member
Media
Here there hasn't been any big run yet. We went to sams club thursday and they had a brand new pallet of hand sanitizer that had maybe the top part gone. These were the super size bottles. Bought a couple. Toilet paper was in good supply. I'm not saying its not something to pay attention to but good grief people take a breath and get all the facts. Get a flu shot if you haven't yet and don't get into big crowds.
Thank you for replying

I know part of me feels stupid but another part just gets carried away with the panic

But one thing for sure Is happening and that it's getting worse and worse day by day :(

Don't worry I've taken a deep breath :)

Flo179

Superior Member
Media
That's really good to hear x :)

Over here there's no supply of hand sanitizer or hand washes

But we got a few to last us a few weeks anyway :)

swingfun

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I'm sorry that its bothering you like it is. I too get worn out seeing the 24/7 news feeds about it. But my wife and i have made the decision to just go about our daily lives best we can and just take reasonable precautions. I don't want to get sick..nobody does..but you can't let this dominate your life. The U.S. drug manufacturers are working hard to create a vaccine and I'm sure they will create one. If you start feeling bad stay home and rest. The media loves to create a crisis even if there isn't one. It's their job...lol. Sensationalism sells.

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It comes down to someone thinking of a way of how do I make money from sensationalism using human greed, media sensationalism and a virus.

Answer...............well..it's pretty obvious.

But it's all Don's fault, he's probably the original instigator :)

My money is on someone in the Chinese communist party to make fun of stupid western society. :)

Reactions: swingfun and Flo179

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well I'm sorry that its bothering you like it is. I too get worn out seeing the 24/7 news feeds about it. But my wife and i have made the decision to just go about our daily lives best we can and just take reasonable precautions. I don't want to get sick..nobody does..but you can't let this dominate your life. The U.S. drug manufacturers are working hard to create a vaccine and I'm sure they will create one. If you start feeling bad stay home and rest. The media loves to create a crisis even if there isn't one. It's their job...lol. Sensationalism sells.
We are like that too........but it won't be long before you become saddened and a little angry by your fellow humans actions.....the drug manufacturers nearly had a vaccine for SARS........then it died out of it's own accord after 4 months and the money dried up.

150,000 people die every day, 360,000 born. If a virus comes along that causes sterility in humans....then we might be in trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flo179

Flo179

Superior Member
Media
It really does X

Thank you

I like your way of thinking :)

There's nothing really anyone can do

So just carry on as normal just take a bit of extra precaution X

Thank you x

Flo179

Superior Member
Media
We are like that too........but it won't be long before you become saddened and a little angry by your fellow humans actions.....the drug manufacturers nearly had a vaccine for SARS........then it died out of it's own accord after 4 months and the money dried up.

150,000 people die every day, 360,000 born. If a virus comes along that causes sterility in humans....then we might be in trouble.
Thank you

You both have really calmed Me down a lot :)

It is what it is I guess x

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The 24 hour news cycle is not helping. They are providing access to content without providing much information.

From racism to panic, ignorance and powerlessness is more deadly than the infection. If I play stock pile the supplies fear of reactionary idiots will be motivating me more than World War C-19.

I'm keeping updated through health organizations. I do not listen to Trump talk about the virus or the government's response. Listening to his Shark Tank pitch on the topic infuriates me.

Basics.
Wash your hands. Sing Happy Birthday twice while you do. Make sure you get the web and nails.

Do not touch your face. Eyes, nose, mouth are a cooties access point to your blood stream.

Limit physical contact with ya fellow human beings.

In the words of Douglas Addams "Don't Panic" and "Always Carry a Towel"

Also. Stop going on fucking cruises.

Flo179

Superior Member
Media
The 24 hour news cycle is not helping. They are providing access to content without providing much information.

From racism to panic, ignorance and powerlessness is more deadly than the infection. If I play stock pile the supplies fear of reactionary idiots will ve motivating me more than World War C-19.

I'm keeping updated through health organizations. I do not listen to Trump talk about the virus or the government's response. Listening to his Shark Tank pitch on the topic infuriates me.

Basics.
Wash your hands. Sing Happy Birthday twice while you do. Make sure you get the web and nails.

Do not touch your face. Eyes, nose, mouth are a cooties access point to your blood stream.

Limit physical contact with ya fellow human beings.

In the words if Douglas Addams "Don't Panic" and "Always Carry a Towel"

Also. Stop going on fucking cruises.
Thank you

That was both brutally honest and very informative XX

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Thank you

That was both brutally honest and very informative XX
That’s her nickname.

Here, mountain west of the US, I’m seeing disinfectants and hand sanitizer sell quickly so shelves look bare.
Online, gallon sizes of hospital grade are getting sniped out of my cart. I need one single gallon to keep my car and clinic clean through the year. I finally landed one I’m not allergic to, and a small bottle of a different brand to get me started.
My in-home work will be trickier. Keeping me cleaned off will be my highest priority. My kiddos lick, drool and poked my face constantly. The older ones touch a lot. I put isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle. Good enough to get me to a sink and soap.
I’m in complimentary medicine, so we are secondary with supplies compared to nursing staff, etc.

food, in case the truckers get strapped, sick, whatever, is simple. I buy at Costco for a pantry of one. I shop there three or four times a year.
I need some rice, and I’ll get a case or two of beans and canned tomatoes. I’ll get extra garlic.
My thought is more, if I get sick, is there enough simple stuff to get me through?
Oh, yeah, I have kool aid and Gatorade powder, just in case.

Basically, I have supplies like the folks up the mountain do in October-May.