Carlos Alcaraz (tennis player)

johnjohnston

Superior Member
Media
I do like that Carlos has fully embraced his sex appeal. Very few popular male athletes do it unabashedly nowadays. Of course, it’s another way to boost his popularity and get more brand deals. But there’s always an undercurrent of toxic masculinity and gay panic that keeps a lot of these male athletes from fully indulging sex symbol status. A lot of top male athletes don’t do it until they have already approached legend status (Beckham, Nadal, Ronaldo). Him embracing his sex appeal early on makes him more sexy.

dopelov

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I do like that Carlos has fully embraced his sex appeal. Very few popular male athletes do it unabashedly nowadays. Of course, it’s another way to boost his popularity and get more brand deals. But there’s always an undercurrent of toxic masculinity and gay panic that keeps a lot of these male athletes from fully indulging sex symbol status. A lot of top male athletes don’t do it until they have already approached legend status (Beckham, Nadal, Ronaldo). Him embracing his sex appeal early on makes him more sexy.
and he does it effortlessly, while smiling like a kid, not pretending he is some sex god (and it makes him a sex god lmao)

johnjohnston

Superior Member
Media
and he does it effortlessly, while smiling like a kid, not pretending he is some sex god (and it makes him a sex god lmao)

He did a shirtless photo shoot and started wearing sleeveless shirtless shirts soon after he buffed up. And then came the Calvin Klein campaign and other shirtless shoots. So, he’s definitely leaned into it and has purposely set himself up as a sex symbol. It’s not an accident. I will say that he has managed to not come off cringe and hasn’t felt the need to force some hyper-masc image to balance the sex symbol status. He doesn’t give off toxic, desperate “bro” energy, which is unlike most of the other young male players.