Caleb ‘Kai’ McGillvary

TowardStarsEra

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually watching the documentary right now on Netflix. For some reason, I believe him. I believe that the man solicited him for sex initially, but probably drugged him so it would be easier. Whether or not that is correct, I believe the victim came up to Kai with the intention of something sexual happening between them.

pac21

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Actually watching the documentary right now on Netflix. For some reason, I believe him. I believe that the man solicited him for sex initially, but probably drugged him so it would be easier. Whether or not that is correct, I believe the victim came up to Kai with the intention of something sexual happening between them.
I saw it too and don’t doubt something sexual happened between them, but I lean more towards consensual. I think Kai later in the day had regret about what happened and in Kai fashion, snapped.

As the detective said in the documentary, if you were the victim of being drugged and rape, you’re not going to let him take you to the train station, buy you a ticket, hug him good bye, then a few hours later, once you’re miles and miles away from the alleged perpetrator, ask to come back and spend the night again. Plus the deceased’s autopsy made Kai’s story, that he was being attacked by a 70 something year old overweight man, questionable.

While Kai has a nice body (and had a nice face before the face tattoo) he is a mentally unstable and dangerous individual.

WiccanRoo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw it too and don’t doubt something sexual happened between them, but I lean more towards consensual. I think Kai later in the day had regret about what happened and in Kai fashion, snapped.

As the detective said in the documentary, if you were the victim of being drugged and rape, you’re not going to let him take you to the train station, buy you a ticket, hug him good bye, then a few hours later, once you’re miles and miles away from the alleged perpetrator, ask to come back and spend the night again. Plus the deceased’s autopsy made Kai’s story, that he was being attacked by a 70 something year old overweight man, questionable.

While Kai has a nice body (and had a nice face before the face tattoo) he is a mentally unstable and dangerous individual.
The first night he had "cum on his face" so maybe Kai brushed it off. The first time he was raped he ran. I do believe the second night, the old man took Kais return as a sign to go farther. Kai brought up killing anyone who would try to rape him. I believe that is what happened.
Ive been in his shoes, though ive never been an internet sensation or a convicted killer, but I have been homeless in California and I am a rape survivor. If my mind had been fractured, maybe I would have killed my attackers. I feel for the guy, but rape or not he killed the guy. maybe If he hadn't ran, things who have been different.

I think he looks better with the haircut.

Ncphotog

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh you wouldn't want to

I thought it was so weird that in the doc nobody talked about the all-too-common tale of homeless LGBT youth and how they restort to or give in to being sexual solicitations in exchange for food, money, shelter, alcohol, and a hot shower. Line that up with someone who has mental problems and obvious anger issues and that's thr perfect recipe for something deadly. He went back to the guy after it becoming an ultimate last resort. He either couldn't force himself to go through with it the 2nd night or it happened again and he snapped the next morning after it all.

Reactions: integritymatters

integritymatters

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Oh you wouldn't want to

I thought it was so weird that in the doc nobody talked about the all-too-common tale of homeless LGBT youth and how they restort to or give in to being sexual solicitations in exchange for food, money, shelter, alcohol, and a hot shower. Line that up with someone who has mental problems and obvious anger issues and that's thr perfect recipe for something deadly. He went back to the guy after it becoming an ultimate last resort. He either couldn't force himself to go through with it the 2nd night or it happened again and he snapped the next morning after it all.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Kai ever officially come out the closet?
I've never heard him say he's LGBT at all.
I've only heard him say he's an SA survivor and that he was m-worded (read between the lines) in his y*u*h (I'm not getting flagged again).

Reactions: Ncphotog

Ncphotog

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Kai ever officially come out the closet?
I've never heard him say he's LGBT at all.
I've only heard him say he's an SA survivor and that he was m-worded (read between the lines) in his y*u*h (I'm not getting flagged again).
No, I think he perceives himself as straight but having met a couple guys like him back when i was writing a college paper on homeless youth and listening to the way he talked about things, it seems more like he's not totally straight. That he's probably done a number of things or conditioned himself to do things out of the need for survival. So maybe more like gay for pay

integritymatters

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
No, I think he perceives himself as straight but having met a couple guys like him back when i was writing a college paper on homeless youth and listening to the way he talked about things, it seems more like he's not totally straight. That he's probably done a number of things or conditioned himself to do things out of the need for survival. So maybe more like gay for pay
True.
I've dated a few DL men and G4P men over the years.
One of them fell in love with me, but I turned him down (not my type).
Years later, when I told him I was into him, he said, "I have a girlfriend, that I love. Sorry."
So I quickly moved on.

WiccanRoo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
True.
I've dated a few DL men and G4P men over the years.
One of them fell in love with me, but I turned him down (not my type).
Years later, when I told him I was into him, he said, "I have a girlfriend, that I love. Sorry."
So I quickly moved on.
Everybody is a little gay. If theyre a 3 beer queer or once a year on a Tuesday between 3:14am & 3:17am. Some like dick and some just put on eyeliner. BUT IF THEY SAY NO, THEY MEAN NO. Ive been that homeless youth. I did my time in West Hollywood and I spent 5 years with a guy where the first time I said no, he went and got a girl pregnant (I spoiled him). But its their business.

integritymatters

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Everybody is a little gay. If theyre a 3 beer queer or once a year on a Tuesday between 3:14am & 3:17am. Some like dick and some just put on eyeliner. BUT IF THEY SAY NO, THEY MEAN NO. Ive been that homeless youth. I did my time in West Hollywood and I spent 5 years with a guy where the first time I said no, he went and got a girl pregnant (I spoiled him). But its their business.
So so true.
I think you can really tell a man is DL though, when there's evidence or "receipts" of conversations or sex going on, and the person denies everything, even after receipts come out about their LGBT extracurricular activities - I'll put it that way.
(I'm speaking in general terms, not about Kai specifically - I just want to clarify that).

WiccanRoo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So so true.
I think you can really tell a man is DL though, when there's evidence or "receipts" of conversations or sex going on, and the person denies everything, even after receipts come out about their LGBT extracurricular activities - I'll put it that way.
(I'm speaking in general terms, not about Kai specifically - I just want to clarify that).
I know its in general. I try to speak to everyone cause I read a lot in this place. Its scary the way people talk and I know it just guys being pervs (hey I love a perv, though I prefer them irl) but you never know. Rape (to me) is far worse then a revenge killing. But I hope neither happens.