Been here a while but help a gay guy out

british_bear25

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi my name is Richie.

not sure where to begin so I will just come out with it, I have been exiled from my own family due to my sexuality. In my culture being Gay isn't allowed, so back in February I was kicked from my home, the area I live in I can no longer return to and have no assistance with finances and such.

Currently moved to the Cotswolds with friends and have had to leave my job. Anyone got any advice ? I live in the UK.

I have started a go fund me page but I feel that’s a bit pathetic and scamming

sonny84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hi there. Is there a particular background you're from? White, Black, Asian, South Asian? And how old are you?

There are dedicated groups and charities and non profits for Queers at risk and Queer youth in the UK

british_bear25

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I’m 29 Romany gypsy origin , I’ve tried the local council to get a place the lady on the phone said “look for somewhere in your own area” she didn’t understand that I cannot go back home because I will be attacked by my people, and for my own safety I’ve had to move.

Tried citizens advice I could hardly hear the lady on the phone as I have issues with my hearing. She was absolutely clueless and didn’t understand.

I am really at whits end with with it all. Seriously considering just ending my life as all the establishments that should help havent.

I cannot go home and see my family , I have lost everything including my job, I haven’t even got enough money to get some toothpaste.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@LPSG Support are there LPSG Mods/Admin that are UK based who can guide @british_bear25

CC: @MisterB

British Bear25 Have you looked into Shelters and Halfway Home ?
Hi @sonny84.

I'll have to defer to @LPSG Support given I am US based, and have no knowledge about what the British government or charities or the like can do to help our fellow Member.

Very sweet of you to reach out. Let's hope our friend finds some much-needed assistance. :)

sonny84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight