Augusta alexander

RIsaacH

Loved Member
Media
I do like some of his art.
Some of it does look like a 3 year old could do it but other pieces are really nice. However, I guess art is subjective. I was, however, not impressed by the prices. I reached to him to see what the prices were and the bigger nice ones ranged from 5-12 thousand euros. The tiny little crayon-like sketches that are the size of a piece of paper were 500-800 euros. I don’t mind investing in art but did consider such prices for a “new” artist a bit high…but I guess there are many people willing to pay that, judging from the success of his exhibitions in Switzerland, so good for him ;) once he establishes himself more I’ll def be tempted to own one of his art pieces.

beherenow

Superior Member
Media
I do like some of his art.
Some of it does look like a 3 year old could do it but other pieces are really nice. However, I guess art is subjective. I was, however, not impressed by the prices. I reached to him to see what the prices were and the bigger nice ones ranged from 5-12 thousand euros. The tiny little crayon-like sketches that are the size of a piece of paper were 500-800 euros. I don’t mind investing in art but did consider such prices for a “new” artist a bit high…but I guess there are many people willing to pay that, judging from the success of his exhibitions in Switzerland, so good for him ;) once he establishes himself more I’ll def be tempted to own one of his art pieces.
Yes, art is subjective, but I feel like he's basically selling himself. People are buying his work because he's a minor celebrity. If he were serious about it, I don't think he's constantly post shirtless, barefoot videos and photos of him creating it. He definitely knows his audience. More power to him. Gotta applaud the hustle.

VoivodeVykos

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes, art is subjective, but I feel like he's basically selling himself. People are buying his work because he's a minor celebrity. If he were serious about it, I don't think he's constantly post shirtless, barefoot videos and photos of him creating it. He definitely knows his audience. More power to him. Gotta applaud the hustle.
Art is not subjective. It's the biggest load of bollocks people ever started telling themselves when they noticed they have no idea what art is and were too lazy to actually start studying it.
You do notice that him posting shirtless, barefoot, whatever next to his projects is actually the point? The presentation of the creative process is all there is to his work. He produces sketches in a studio. He doesn’t have models, miniatures, inspiration. He doesn’t go outside to paint watercolours. He’s got no technique whatsoever. And so on. If you want paint on a wall made by a sweaty man with weights — this is what you get.

If the prices are true, they are absolutely ridiculous.

Hexlumos1997

Cherished Member
Media
Art is not subjective. It's the biggest load of bollocks people ever started telling themselves when they noticed they have no idea what art is and were too lazy to actually start studying it.
You do notice that him posting shirtless, barefoot, whatever next to his projects is actually the point? The presentation of the creative process is all there is to his work. He produces sketches in a studio. He doesn’t have models, miniatures, inspiration. He doesn’t go outside to paint watercolours. He’s got no technique whatsoever. And so on. If you want paint on a wall made by a sweaty man with weights — this is what you get.

That's what i've been talking about

manthrax

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Art is LITERALLY subjective. That’s the entire point. And I think you’re confusing “technique” with displaying formalism and realism. Perhaps you should study art some.

UulemntsKMA

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
lmao wow no way in hell that "art" is worth 20k euros...I like him but that's just a scam. the nerve to even price them that high lololol
Once you start selling in galleries, like he has, because everything has to be insured, original art does cost this much. Now prints on the other hand, that ranges by the quality of the print.

VoivodeVykos

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
oh they’re real, these are the prices for these paintings lol as you can see someone reserved/bought them

View attachment 114039631 View attachment 114039651
Mad!
Yet, I cannot find any articles of his art in any (art) magazines etc online. You know what I mean? Most people don't buy stuff because they recognize some random ex-influencer or model - or randomly end up in a gallery somewhere.
Often buying art can also be a deliberate choice. I mean, if you've got enough room in your home to hang a 2,5 meters x 1,9 meters picture, you might as well hang something there your friends might not deride. And from my experience: Subjective mocking hurts objectively too.
And, if one wants to store this stuff in an attic as an investment — no-one will ever buy it again. I mean, have you ever seen stuff like this crop up at an auction?

Reactions: Sungold

Zevksr

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh God yeah... If you want more info about this, there's a ton of books on how abstract art was born as a psych op of Cold War I.
lmao wow no way in hell that "art" is worth 20k euros...I like him but that's just a scam. the nerve to even price them that high lololol

• Haha
Reactions: brotherfrancis