Need Advice: Self-Conscious about my bulge

hotsprings

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So I've realised a couple of years ago already that I subconsciously try to avoid having or anyone noticing my bulge. I often wear pouch underwear for the comfort but because it tends to accentuate any bulge, I’ve caught myself even avoiding some of my pants or moving my hips backwards to make it less obvious.

I also used to have an extremely shy bladder (gotten a bit better with training but still annoying) and still feel a bit self-conscious about nudity on locker rooms or communal showers (though I also kind of enjoy them now).

I think all of these are probably due to growing up rural and closeted and therefore always trying to hide having any sexuality at all, avoiding at all costs that any guy could think I was coming on to him.

Any advice on how to be less self-conscious about this and more confident? How do you guys handle having a visible bulge? Ever gotten any negative reactions?

dikje1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think for me it was just more familiarity with it. It is what it is. But I adapt what I wear to the situation. For example, when I go to a dive bar I don't mind bulging commando in tight 501s. But if I'm going to a wedding, I won't go commando, and I can produce a tame bulge if I want to by pushing my hips forward, otherwise I'm not bulging. I was pee shy, too, and self-conscious nude in public situations, but for me that was just a confidence thing. Now I don't care who looks at my dick. Nor do I care if they don't like what they're seeing.

hotsprings

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think for me it was just more familiarity with it. It is what it is. But I adapt what I wear to the situation. For example, when I go to a dive bar I don't mind bulging commando in tight 501s. But if I'm going to a wedding, I won't go commando, and I can produce a tame bulge if I want to by pushing my hips forward, otherwise I'm not bulging. I was pee shy, too, and self-conscious nude in public situations, but for me that was just a confidence thing. Now I don't care who looks at my dick. Nor do I care if they don't like what they're seeing.
How about with people you know, friends of friends, that kind of thing?

JBD_Mikk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I used to be very self-conscious myself, and I found the easiest way to overcome it is to simply let yourself be more exposed - in situations where it's appropriate and non-sexual.

I too was uncomfortable being naked around friends - until starting at the gym in my early 30s. I figured I should just adapt to showering after workouts without trying to hide anything, and after doing it enough times it just became a normal routine. Similarly, when I got into road cycling in 2020, I adopted cycling kit, which is very form-fitting and revealing - and that too became normal since it's what almost everyone else wears on a road bike.

Ultimately, I came to accept that a bulge is simply a natural part of the male body, and that while it might not always be appropriate to flaunt it, there's no point in pretending it doesn't exist.

Moresize2.0

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am confronting this issue too. I’m an avid pumper at the moment. After 10 years off/on, I currently pump at low pressure (5-7) in a 2” cylinder for 1 hour, twice a day. I pump to 7.25x6.25 and it feels awesome. I will take breaks when needed if I’m too sore or haven’t recovered. I wear soft cock rings and/or harnesses post pumping for all day wear. My dick is fat, my balls are heavy, and I have a large package mostly all the time. I get lots of spontaneous semi-erections and I feel lots of sexual energy and energy flow throughout the day.

I recently invested in a bunch of pouch underwear. WildmanT and Real Men are pretty great. The monstercock pouch is fabulous for just out of the pump/strapped cock. I just wore real men’s strapless jock and it’s amazing.I bought 2 mesh monstercock jocks arriving soon.

All of that said, I can’t hide the huge package in my pants anymore. There are many settings I work in professionally and I’m trying to gauge what will work publicly. I don’t want to inhibit my love of daily pumping/strapping and it feels so good putting my massive bulge in pouch underwear. I like commando too.

I actually don’t want to attract much public attention for a big cock. I just want that full, heavy, huge feeling throughout the day. It sounds crazy, but it’s more to feed my narcissistic goal of “huge cock stud” than to garner stares or scowls from random people.

Let us know what is working for you in the “battle of the bulge.”

hotsprings

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I used to be very self-conscious myself, and I found the easiest way to overcome it is to simply let yourself be more exposed - in situations where it's appropriate and non-sexual.

I too was uncomfortable being naked around friends - until starting at the gym in my early 30s. I figured I should just adapt to showering after workouts without trying to hide anything, and after doing it enough times it just became a normal routine. Similarly, when I got into road cycling in 2020, I adopted cycling kit, which is very form-fitting and revealing - and that too became normal since it's what almost everyone else wears on a road bike.

Ultimately, I came to accept that a bulge is simply a natural part of the male body, and that while it might not always be appropriate to flaunt it, there's no point in pretending it doesn't exist.
This is exactly how I did it with nudity, but with my bulge I feel like there really isn’t any “acceptable” situation where I could get used to it — cycling and other sports where you where spandex is the only thing I can think of and it would be a bit crazy to start one just for this purpose.

I guess that only leaves me to do it in everyday life?

JBD_Mikk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This is exactly how I did it with nudity, but with my bulge I feel like there really isn’t any “acceptable” situation where I could get used to it — cycling and other sports where you where spandex is the only thing I can think of and it would be a bit crazy to start one just for this purpose.

I guess that only leaves me to do it in everyday life?
I think for me I simply accepted that I'll show a bulge in normal clothes, and that as long as I'm sufficiently modest, there's no point in trying to hide it. For instance, I find Levi 511 jeans to be the most comfortable of the jeans I've tried, but they always show a subtle bulge - so I simply wear them and don't bother thinking about it since they're just regular jeans. Same with gym shorts - I have a couple of pairs of black shorts that are completely unremarkable, so if I show a bulge that's just how it is.

My choice of underwear also affects the situation - but there again, I just wear what fits me best. My C-IN2 briefs have a 2-layer pouch so there isn't an obvious outline, and my cock doesn't end up loose or down one leg. They do make for a front-and-center bulge, but it's not much different from other briefs I've worn.

Marcusmcnaughtan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So I've realised a couple of years ago already that I subconsciously try to avoid having or anyone noticing my bulge. I often wear pouch underwear for the comfort but because it tends to accentuate any bulge, I’ve caught myself even avoiding some of my pants or moving my hips backwards to make it less obvious.

I also used to have an extremely shy bladder (gotten a bit better with training but still annoying) and still feel a bit self-conscious about nudity on locker rooms or communal showers (though I also kind of enjoy them now).

I think all of these are probably due to growing up rural and closeted and therefore always trying to hide having any sexuality at all, avoiding at all costs that any guy could think I was coming on to him.

Any advice on how to be less self-conscious about this and more confident? How do you guys handle having a visible bulge? Ever gotten any negative reactions?
I’m not a tall guy myself but in the pecker department I’m visibly above average, which has been embarrassing growing up. Was always wearing baggy pants with boxer shorts to prevent creating an obvious bulge. Now that I’m older (and wiser) I realize that ppl tend to be curious about what you’re packing. Although im still wearing tight underwear, I do enjoy being looked at.