List of gyms with open/communal showers?

hotdickcum

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
what was the layout? just one room with shower heads on the walls? or were some bradley style showers too.

Nah, not bradley

Basically if I recall, it is like a long hallway with two rows of 2 shower heads without partition, and there is like a cubicle that is actually for disabled and that I recall has a curtain for privacy. The rest, I believe has no curtains. This is way back, so I am not sure if they change it or not.

Here is a more detailed answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/ucla/comments/2jq6zu
Note again - it's 10 years ago lol.

RG97

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
East End Pool - Newcastle, UK.
The upstairs changing rooms for the studios have entirely open showers (three heads) with on head entirely exposed to the open locker/changing area. Such a fab set up. Would love to be joined by a group of guys after a sweaty session!

Attachments

FitMate123

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Awesome post but how many of these are open to the public / “community” as some schools classify re: day passes sold to individuals not affiliated with the school whatsoever ?

Just looking at the list & knowing from previous experience of trying to visit some; Stanford, Duke, Alabama = are NOT open to the public unless alumni / sponsored by a current student.
Yeah some are open to public, some not so much. Still good to know which ones are active...you can go to the Rec Center sites and figure out the guest pass rules. Many let you go in with a sponsor.

I think NC State renovated theirs and back in the day no one used them but not sure now.