Jacob Collier

Ironlion45

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been a fan of his music for a long time. Also I'm shocked that he's 30 now. Looks the same as he did 10 years ago. Clearly the musical talent wasn't the only thing he got from bargaining with the devil lol.

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been a fan of his music for a long time. Also I'm shocked that he's 30 now. Looks the same as he did 10 years ago. Clearly the musical talent wasn't the only thing he got from bargaining with the devil lol.
He is a musical genius no doubt.
He's better off leaving the singing to other people. He has the voice of a middle aged geography professor.
I think the autism may play a part in that, he's very monotone in his speech patterns.
I do find his social media presence irritating...
I wish the story of him masturbating on an aeroplane was verifiable though... with pictures!

MisterBrightside

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He's better off leaving the singing to other people. He has the voice of a middle aged geography professor.
I think the autism may play a part in that, he's very monotone in his speech patterns.
I wish the story of him masturbating on an aeroplane was verifiable though... with pictures!

He did an AMA on Reddit recently. Somebody actually asked “How do you manage criticism and allegations at this point in your career?” And he answered! It was a big long response but he didn’t address any specific “allegations.” But I have to guess he must be aware of the airplane story by now…

Derek Shefred

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i keep hearing about him being autistic but he has never said he has autism. it makes sense that muisc would be his hyperfocus but idk i dont really see any signs of distress with socialization in his personality

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i keep hearing about him being autistic but he has never said he has autism. it makes sense that muisc would be his hyperfocus but idk i dont really see any signs of distress with socialization in his personality
That's just one aspect of autism... it's not blanket for everyone.
He is 100% on the spectrum.
He's not just a quirky/odd character...

photojosh

Legendary Member
Media
Springfield (Massachusetts, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's just one aspect of autism... it's not blanket for everyone.
He is 100% on the spectrum.
He's not just a quirky/odd character...
It's a bit disrespectful to people with autism to 'diagnose' someone because of your perceptions of what autism is. Regardless of his status on the spectrum, he has never publicly said he was, or acknowledged it as far as I can tell. It's like speculation on his sexuality; pointless and likely to get the thread closed.

Enjay87

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a bit disrespectful to people with autism to 'diagnose' someone because of your perceptions of what autism is. Regardless of his status on the spectrum, he has never publicly said he was, or acknowledged it as far as I can tell. It's like speculation on his sexuality; pointless and likely to get the thread closed.
Having spent my entire adult life working with autistic people, I feel pretty confident.